Re: Chosing Debian firewall packages

On 08/17/04 16:50, Tong wrote:
Hi,
I used to use iptables + wondershaper in RH. I notice there are many
ready-made firewall packages available in Debian (e.g., Firestarter,
FireHOL, etc). I'm wondering which one do you recommend?
Thanks

Going on a recommendation, I installed Firestarter when I installed Debian sid last November. After 5 mins of configuration, mostly to learn the interface and change some trivial rules, it was all set. I haven't needed to touch it since. For me, there was no need to look at alternatives since it works so well. YMMV, of course. My use is a desktop, and I'm not a programmer.