Re: Linux help system (Was: -=> Re: I hate it when that happens...)

>>I recently engaged with "exim", and if it weren't for the fact that
>>I found an obscure reference buried in the back yard in the dead of
>>night, to the fact that there is an "exim-docs" package which needed
>>to be loaded *in addition* to the exim docs which turn up in the
>>"/usr/share/docs" directory, I would never have known it was there
>>- and that package seems to be what turns up via the "help" command.
>.
>.
>.

> I think you're confused.

You're right.

What I *should* have referred to above, was not the "help" command but
the "info" command, with which (I think?  I just asked, on another
thread) the "exim-docs" package is associated).

Thanks for your compendium of doc info, btw...  I'm pondering some
sort of pointer system that would enable me to find Whateveritis
Whereveritis out of all that (dream on...)