Home Debian "Mirror"

I would like to set up a home "mirror" (i386 archive) to run my installs from.  I am on dial-up and a friend has offered to download the 13 CDs of Sarge for me to help get started.

What is the best way to take the CDs and "convert" them into a working APT archive?  Is this something I would use apt-mirror for, or is there another program?

This is new territory for me, so if someone could point to a good howto I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks for the time.
Preston