problems mounting nfs with pcmcia

I'm setting up a Debian Linux system at a friend's house.  He has Debian
Woody (with backports) on the server, and Debian Sarge on the client.

The client has a pcmcia card for networking.  I'm trying to set up so
that the nfs shares are mounted automatically when he boots up, but it
doesn't happen.

I put this in his fstab:
192.168.1.1:/data/share /net/share nfs    rsize=8192,wsize=8192,_netdev   0     0

But the system won't mount it at boot up (no problem mounting it manually
after logging in as a user, using mount -a -t nfs).

I then figured it might be something with being pcmcia, so I added the
mount point to /etc/pcmcia/network.opts MOUNTS="/net/share".  That
didn't work either.

I checked the logs and it seems the problem is, the system in both cases
tries to mount the nfs filesystems before the network is fully up.

I tried to move the mountnfs.sh /etc/init.d script to a much later stage
(from S45 to S70), but it didn't help.  Does anyone have any idea what I
can do next?  I have nfs filesystems mounted on my own system without
problems, so I'm not sure what his problem is.

We both run the same software both places (dhcp3 on server and client).

--
John L. Fjellstad