bible-kjv_4.15 make & installation errors in gentoo linux

Hi,

The readme.linux instructions are (after unpacking) to make which gives these errors: /lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to tgetnum, tgoto, tgetflag, BC, tputs, PC, tgetent, UP, tgetstr and it exits with error 1 and error2.
When I "make install" I get three errors:
cp cannot stat bible
chown, chgrp, chmod - "cannot access /usr/bin/bible"
install error 1.

The readme file tells at the bottom that the writer had to change some destinations in the Makefile to get it to work. What do you change to what? I have looked at the Makefile and am no wiser for the look.

Thanks,

rf