Re: debian problem about installation

Hello

Please /don't/ send HTML mails to the mailing list.

matthias vandegaer (<matthiasvandegaer@hotmail.com>) wrote:

> i recently got an IBM thinkpad 755C laptop,and according to a site i
> visited,debian version 2.0 could work on the model,however,now i want
> to install your linux distribution on my laptop because i have a small
> harddisc and i want to start using it for the internet(and since linux
> is an OS where there are few viruses for,i wouldn't need an antivirus
> program,since it takes lots of room.

Debian 2.0 is not supported by the Debian security team anymore. I don't
know how much RAM/hard disk space your notebook has, but you could
probably install Debian 3.0. It comes on seven CDs, but of course you
don't have to install everything. The base system after the
installation is about 120 MB (without graphical interface). There also
some Linux distributions specially for older/slower computers, like
Deli Linux (http://delilinux.berlios.de/). Vectorlinux or Slackware
would maybe also work.

> but sadly enough i can't find the distribution anymore,the
> distribution that person used was Debian version 2.0,but i can't seem
> to find it on any site anymore,am i able to ask; if i might could
> download old linux distributuins like Debian 2.0 on any(or perhaps
> this)site????

The packages are available at <ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian-archive>, but
I don't know if you can find ISO images anywhere.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270
Registered Linux User #267976