Re: apt-get upgrade doesn't honor my rebuilded packages

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:23:05 +0200, Koos Vriezen wrote:

> CVS, I needed to recompile some c++ dependent packages like fam.
> Now if I do 'apt-get -s upgrade', I get
> so it wants to replace it again what I just build. How can I prevent this?
> What's puzzling me most is that this seems so a common thing to do, jet
> I can't find this issue in the apt-howto document.

FYI, I used to get this same problem while compiling sources in RH.
I just circumvented it by increasing the version number a bit, e.g.,

Current version of emacs is:

emacs21_21.3+1-5

I'll make it emacs21_21.3+1-5.1

which was done easily with a script.

I can't tell you how to do it in debian yet, because I'm new to Debian,
and haven't been able to compile emacs (without modification) yet.