Re: [OT] Sensible Dual/Quad w/ Lots of Ram System

On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 20:14 +0100, stephen parkinson wrote:
> Jacob S. wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 09:37:39 -0400
> >Greg Folkert <greg@gregfolkert.net> wrote:

> >>Yes. For a computing machine.
> >>
> >>The Dual and Quad Opteron system usually have either 8 or 16 Memory
> >>slots.
> >>
> >>Recently, I setup a Quad Opteron fastest available speed. Infiniband,
> >>Dual 1000Mbit Ethernet, 10GB of Memory, 3Ware Sata local storage...
> >
> >Where did you find a motherboard that could handle 4 processors? They
> >seem to be extremely rare these days, in my experience.
> >

> linux journal - tyan advert

Actually, Contract job for me, their HP supplier got one for them in 2
weeks. So it is an HP machine.

But, yes the LJ ads really do seem to be really good. I would have been
able to get the same machine (basically) in ~4 weeks... but they needed
it sooner.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is