RE: sid Tetex upgrade fails

<<Fmutils returns an error. This affects lyx as well.
<<Any fix or wait for next upgrade. Not using this anyway.

The fmtutil program is looking for its fmtutil.cnf file. There are copies of
this all over the place. If I invoke it with its option to specify the file,
it will run. If I do not specify a path to the .cnf file, I will get the
error. The fmtutil script is using "kpsewhich" utility to look for it and
this is failing.

This is probably very easy to fix. Any ideas?