Re: sid Tetex upgrade fails

On August 6, 2004 13:51, Stefan Bellon wrote:

> > I have this as well, which has unfortunately also broken lilypond a
> > program that I use a good portion of the time. The good news is that
> > it usually only takes a day or two for problems like this to be
> > fixed.
>
> You can fix it in the meantime by putting a percent sign in front of
> the line "For use with ngerman.sty" in the /etc/texmf/language.dat file
> and afterwards installing tetex-bin again.

My language.dat file has a % sign in front of that line.  The problem seems to
be that fmtutil can't find fmtutil.cnf even though it exists in 3 locations
on my machine:

/usr/share/tetex-bin/fmtutil.cnf
/etc/texmf/fmtutil.cnf
/var/lib/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf

I guess the install script needs to supply the complete path.  Where are the
package install scripts stored anyways once a package has been unpacked but
not successfully configured?

Roy P.