Re: Deleted root account in passwd

On Sun, Aug 15, 2004 at 11:55:16AM +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:

   > Alternatively, boot using a rescue disk, mount the filesystem containing
   > the /etc/passwd file, then edit it to reinsert a root entry. I think the
   > Debian install CD will function as a "rescue disk" for this purpose. Or
   > Knoppix/Gnoppix/etc will do the job.

I would suggest something smaller for such jobs like damnsmalllinux,
featherlinux, etc.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                   GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Most general statements are false, including this one.
		-- Alexander Dumas