Re: gdb + xfree86 (Cannot upgrade xfree to sarge)

gnalle@ruc.dk (Niels L. Ellegaard) writes:

> In conclusion I am left with a system with no xserver. XFree86
> doesn`t start in Sarge and I cannot downgrade. As a final attempt
> before reinstall I would like to start xfree86 in gdb, and see if I
> can construct a backtrace. Perhaps this can give a hint of the
> source of the problem.

A small update. I recreated my old XF86Config file, so XFree86 4.0
works again, but I would still like debug XFree86 4.3 to find the
source of the crash.

I don't like the idea of ending up running an x-server that is older
than stable :)

                            Niels

--
Niels L Ellegaard  http://dirac.ruc.dk/~gnalle/