Re: can't login on console

Hello Alexis,

thanks for your answer and sorry for the delay.

I checked the log files and i found the following failure message in
auth.log when loggin in to a console:

--- snip

Aug 14 18:05:58 ada login[1192]: (pam_unix) authentication failure;
logname=LOGIN uid=0 euid=0 tty=tty1 ruser= rhost=  user=myuser
Aug 14 18:06:00 ada login[1192]: FAILED LOGIN (1) on `tty1' FOR
`myuser', Authentication failure

--- snip

I changed the user name;-)

Can you guess what the failure caused?