Text console mode problem

I am running a mainly "testing" system.  I have an LCD display.

After a recent upgrade I found that during the boot process the text
console displays (Ctl-Alt F1 .. F6) are re configured so that about 4
characters are disappearing of the sides of the screen, and a blank
line runs down the display hiding the 8th 9th and 10th displayed
characters.

This corruption happens part way through the boot up process, just
before it configures some usb stuff.

Does anyone have any idea which script is doing this, and where to
change the configuration to stop it.

I have tried tweaking the vga mode in my lilo.conf.  This does change the text video mode, but this is then overwritten by the change.

My /proc/fb contains
	0 Trident

My X display is OK.  It is just that I cannot use the text
consoles. When the problem first happened I ignored it because I had
"important stuff" to be getting on with, so I am sorry, I cannot
remember just when I first happened.

Dave

--

Dave Whiteley