Re: Packages needed for Cups Foomatic printer

Tong(mlist4suntong@yahoo.com) is reported to have said:
> On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:46:31 -0400, Jason Rennie wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 07:51:33PM -0400, Tong wrote:
> >> Here are all the relevant packages that I have installed:
> >>
> >> cupsys
> >> cupsys-bsd
> >> cupsys-client
> >> foomatic-db
> >> foomatic-db-engine
> >> foomatic-db-hpijs
> >> foomatic-filters
> >> foomatic-gui
> >> hpijs
> >> libcupsimage2
> >> libcupsys2-gnutls10
> >> libusb-0.1-4
> >
> > I'm no Debian CUPS expert, but I have CUPS up-and-running with support
> > for a long list of printers.  Took me some fiddling to find the
> > package that provided driver support, I recall.  Anyway, try
> > installing these packages:
> >
> > cupsys-driver-gimpprint
> > cupsomatic-ppd
> > foomatic-db-gimp-print
> >

> Thanks, Jason,
>
> tcupsys-driver-gimpprin is the magic package that added  a long
> list of printer drivers. But unfortunately, no driver for "Foomatic +
> hpijs (recommended)". In fact, I tried everyone of them, none does.

Try this
foomatic-db-hpijs

~# dpkg -S /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/driver/hpijs.xml
foomatic-db-hpijs: /usr/share/foomatic/db/source/driver/hpijs.xml

HTH=Hope This Helps, YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary, HAND=Have A Nice Day
WT
--
Daddy, what does FORMATTING DRIVE C mean?