Re: Mouse stopped working

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 07:34:40PM -0500, Don wrote:
> said, I've tried rebooting multiple times with this Debian Linux, with Win2K,
> and with Knoppix this afternoon, with only the mouse in Debian Linux NOT
> working.

If it is a stock kernel, try:

modprobe psmouse mousedev

and re-start X, to see if that loads your mouse. If you find that
works, but your mouse flutters like a trapped moth, then change the
mouse protocol in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to either IMPS/2, or
ExplorerPS/2, or PS/2, until you hit the right one....

-- Thomas Adam
--
"Frankly, Mr. Shankly, since you ask. You are a flatulent pain in
the arse." -- Morrissey.