Re: smtp exim4

On Wednesday 11 August 2004 03:08, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
wrote:
> If someone could at least point me in the right direction, i.e. how to
> enable smtp connections, what logs to focus on (exim's seem to be way
> to terse to be useful - maybe I can increase the logging level?), etc.

Apparently, exim4 cannot read from other machine's servers. Use something like
fetchmail (easy to set up) to get mail from these servers onto "localhost"
and exim4 can move it to the appropriate "unix" mailbox.

Now ... I have a (dynamic) dns hostname. If I send email to that host, it goes
to "neverland". If my machine is turned off, then I will get an error about
undeliverable message. If my machine is on, no  error but no delivery either.
What am I missing?