Sarge not printing

I'm using a Linux box with sarge, with the following characteristics:
lpr - BSD lpr/lpd
gs-esp - Ghostscript
apsfilter
a2ps

Everything were set up the same way I always did.
The apsfilter test works fine, the test page was printed.

I did restart the daemon
/etc/init.d/lpd stop
/etc/init.d/lpd start

But when I try to print with lpr or enscript (like I always did),
and nothing happen.
The syslog don't say anything.
The /var/spool/lp/log dumps some ghostscript errors.

I tried all ghostspript versions that debian has packages available,
and the problem still the same, only the log contains diferent dumps
format.

Regards,
--
Filipi Vianna
Laboratório de Mecânica Computacional (DEMM)