Re: Reboot loop

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 03:33 pm, Werner Otto wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just installed Sarge on my new Shuttle SB75G2 pc. When it gets
> to the stage that I need to configure my base system and select my
> mirror or http apt sources it reboots, its not actioned by anything
> more like a timer thing after about a minute!

When you reboot, do Ctrl-Alt-F1 to get login window when the "Welcome" screen
comes up in preparation for finishing the configuration.  Log in as root,
then do "rmmod i810-tco" (without quotes).  Then go back to your welcome
screen and proceed.  This will kill the timeout problem.

Interestingly, I did not get this when using the installer and installing the
2.6.7 kernel later.

The above is the same info that Joey gave, but maybe more usable at the point
you're at.  This info also appears in question 14 of a FAQ buried somewhere
on the debian website.

Regards,
Don