modules fail after apt-get upgrade

Hi,
I just rencently did an apt-get upgrade on one of my machines and afterwards none of my devices would work. All the modules appear to load, but I am unable to get any of them to work. I found this in the system log

Aug 4 12:18:42 build kernel: 3c59x: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted. Aug 4 12:18:42 build kernel: 3c59x: no version magic, tainting kernel. Aug 4 12:18:42 build kernel: 00000000 Aug 4 12:18:42 build kernel: PREEMPT Aug 4 12:18:42 build kernel: Modules linked in: 3c59x nfs rfcomm l2cap bluetooth snd_mixer_oss snd soundcore ds yenta_socket pcmcia_core nfsd exportfs lockd sunrpc sg sr_mod ide_cd cdrom psmouse apm ipv6 ipt_LOG iptable_mangle iptable_filter iptable_nat ip_conntrack ip_tables sd_mod scsi_mod ext2 dm_mod capability commoncap af_packet rtc ext3 jbd mbcache ide_disk ide_generic piix ide_core unix font vesafb cfbcopyarea cfbimgblt cfbfillrect I'm wondering if the apt-get upgrade missed something, or if I am missing something..

TIA,
Jeff