Re: apt-get dist-upgrade

Jesse Rosenthal wrote:
Jeff Elkins wrote:

Huh?

---------------
The following packages will be REMOVED:
blt-common epiphany-browser gimp-nonfree
kdelibs4-dev libcupsys2-dev mozilla mozilla-browser
mozilla-mailnews mozilla-psm mozilla-xft
--------------

I've been disconnected lately, but what's up with this?

I'd like to get current, but I need my Mozilla :)

Jeff

At least as far as mozilla goes, I had this problem a while (a month?) back,
and resolved it by first running "apt-get --reinstall install mozilla".
This led it to install some dependencies and then dist-upgrade worked more
smoothly. At least, if memory serves...

I would let it do what it thinks is necessary, but not before I'd have started a `script` session... so I could allways restore most or all packages afterwards..

HTH,

Joris