Inconsistency detected by ld.so

    Would some one guide me regarding the following error:

    Inconsistency detected by ld.so: ../sysdeps/i386/dl-machine.h: 647:
elf_machine_rel_relative: Assertion (((reloc->r_info) & 0xff) == 8) failed!

    The above occurred on my intel celeron 1.2GHz, debian sid system
with i810 mother board and 128 MB ram after a recent update. I use a
2.6.6 kernel compiled by myself.

    The bug occurred while trying to load the xscreensaver and kde
programs including kdm. kdm wont start. I could solve the issue relating
to the screen saver by removing xscreensaver-gl package. However I am
still unable to use kde or kdm. Other graphics progrms like gnome and
gdm are working perfectly.

   Looks like some conflicting package is installed on the system. How
do I find out which?