Re: Bash equivalent to DOS /p

On Fri, Jul 16 at 04:46PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 03:58:41PM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> > > 	command 2>&1 | less
> >
> > dude! i've been trying to do that for months.  tahnks!
> >
> > as an aside, did /p in DOS redirect stderr, too?  it's been
> > so long ...
>
> Well, I'm glad I posted -- I nearly didn't -- it seemed too
> well-known.  But then I thought, piping to less is well-known,
> too.  I wonder how many other well-known things need to be
> posted here too....  I wonder how many of them I need to know
> and don't...

exactly! keep spreading it around... :)

--
I use Debian/GNU Linux version 3.0;
Linux boss 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i586 unknown

DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #28 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
:
Would you like to have rxvt show you useful information in the
TITLE BAR of its X window? For example, to see your "present
working directory" in the title bar, include this in your bash
command prompt string:
	export PS1="\e]0;\w^G\u@\h$ "
Anything between the "\e]0;" and the control-G will be displayed
as the title of the rxvt window. (For data entry, you may need to
precede the ^G with ^V.)