Re: Loading kernel modules at startup

John Van Lierde wrote:
But I'm absolutely baffled as to how to get the modules to load
automagically at boot. There are a bunch of utilities (some apparently
obsolescent) and files (all of which seem to say that they are generated and
not to be edited). I've poked through all the man pages that seem relevant,
but it's just not making sense. What the lm_sensors documentation recommends
doesn't fit what I've got.

$ apropos modules
[...]
modules (5)          - kernel modules to load at boot time
[...]

$ man modules

The manual page should come with either the modutils or module-init-tools packages.

Is that what you were looking for?

--dircha