Re: [NEWBIE] Installing PHP and Apache on Debian

Please fix your misconfigured mail client: Turn line wrap to 72 columns
and throw an extra line feed in between paragraphs.

debian@techscribe.com writes:

> I plan to install PHP and Apache on a new, virgin (remote) Debian
> server, with PHP running as an Apache shared module.

OK.

> Can I do that using "apt-get install"?

Should be able to.

> Would I simply run "apt-get install php4" (is that the correct
> notaton?) and will that take care of everything else (including
> installing Apache)?

apt-cache search php4 should give you a good list to help narrow it down
to what package you need to install using apt-get install <whatever>.