How do I "multi_CD" on dselect w/o menu option?

Thanks to everyone, I've gotten a 'boot;'
Herein the difficulty:  dselect does not prompt for a multi-CD install.
Can this be remedied?  Base.debs had been from the 1.44 floppy
images, I think from ftp.us.debian.org, but I'd mixed a few links from the end of the installation guide.

A secondary thing: when the installation procedure ran, tasksel
was skipped; it is also apparently unavailable now in root.  It prompts "No tasks found on this system... Did you update your available file."

I could not guess whether "Yahoo!" is making text- or HTML output out of my e-mails; if it is inappropriate as per the Code of Conduct, how do I fix "Yahoo!" ???

Howard.