Re: Configuration DB

On Sat, 07 Aug 2004 15:06:17 -0500, John Hasler wrote:

> Setting the debconf priority to "critical" will eliminate most, if not all,
> questions.  Answer the remaining ones with anything.  Restore /etc after
> doing "dpkg --set-selections < package-list", overwriting the default
> configuration.

Thanks, John, that's something I am thinking of as the last resort.
There is still one question, I've asked in another thread. Please answer
it there.

> man 7 debconf

I don't have man for debconf in section 7. Which package contains it?
apt-file search told me it is from an obsoleted cdebconf.

> You shouldn't need to reinstall Debian, though.  If you are duplicating
> installations, look at the automatic installers such as FAI.

I now might have to, if I can't figure out the solution to my X mouse
problem. Just noticed fai yesterday, when searching for man7/debconf, but
I thought it is for clustering.