Re: DHCP problem

On Saturday 07 August 2004 14:59, michael.sherman@og.ge.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I am a relatively new user of Debian and I couldn't figure this one out.
> I have 2 machines running Sarge, both configured to use DHCP. At boot time
> both for some reason acquire the same address (192.168.102.100) from my
> router. Is there a way to force at least one of them to get a different
> address?

This seems like an issue with the server.  Once it has offered one machine the
address, and it has accepted it, it should offer it to the other.

Can you give more details of your router which is supposidly offering these
addresses.  Also, each client machine should have indication of the exchange
with the dhcp server in /var/log/syslog.  Can you post it.
--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk