Re: Debian and IBM xSeries 336 8676-71x - LSI 53C1030 SCSI controller

re

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 16:44, Dino wrote:

> We have a new IBM xSeries 335 8676-71X with 1GB RAM, two SCSI Disks 10K RPM
> 36.4GB and a LSI 53C1030 Mirroring Raid controller.
>
> We have problems installing Debian Woody 3 because it doesn't recognize the
> Logical Volume. We obviously made the volume, so that SuSE linux works
> perfectly, but we want Debian!

have you tried with Debian Sarge? I had no other choice, but to force
Sarge on all new IBM xSeries we're using. I know Sarge isn't officially
stable, but I believe it's almost there. Because with woody you'll need
to recompile kernel with all MPT and ServeRAID support for IBMs, before
you even start the installation..

regards,
 Andraz

--