Wireless AP not being seen

I have a BCM94306 802.11g (rev 03) card which is seen using
the ndis driver bcmwl5

ndiswrapper -l reports:

bcmwl5 present

Even though I can see wlan0 using iwconfig wlan0 the ESSID
remains null. I can't set it to anything.

When I do "iwlist wlan0 scanning" I get:

wlan0	No scan results

The AP is right next to the laptop. I have dissabled WEP to
try to make it as simple as possible. I have no problem getting
this card to work on Windows XP, and I also can see the Radio
enabled light on, so it shouldn't be a radio problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alberto