Re: [Rant] The Endless Search for a Mail Client That Doesn't Suck

Alvin Oga <aoga@ns.Linux-Consulting.com> writes:

> i assume you use different email accounts
>
> 	brian-deb  for debian lists
> 	brian-movie for movie lists
> 	brian-security for security updates
> 	brian-work for work related lists
>
> 	brian-save for anything you want (forever) saved
>
> 	and personal emails on a personal server and domain
>
> 	- lets ignore additional yahoo/hotmail related problems ..

Yeah, I use something like that.  Both gnus and mutt can handle that
fine.

> and at 2,000 emails per day .. consider yourself lucky in th
> that you dont get 10,000 spams a day from which to filter out
> your "mailing list emails" and real emails from the 90% spams

Well, I meant 2,000 readable emails per day, which doesn't include spam.

> - a good email client and spam filters won't necessarily solve the
>   problems of a "good email management methodology"  vs depending on 3rd
>   party automated tools to do "everything"
>
>> Furthermore, I ran into problems with offline synchronization.
>
> if you are using imap, there is zero syncrhonization problems,
> as your email and folders are only on the imap server

Hmm?  I don't use OfflineIMAP for shits and giggles, ya know.  Quoting
RFC 3501:

   The Internet Message Access Protocol, Version 4rev1 (IMAP4rev1)
   allows a client to access and manipulate electronic mail messages on
   a server.  IMAP4rev1 permits manipulation of mailboxes (remote
   message folders) in a way that is functionally equivalent to local
   folders.  IMAP4rev1 also provides the capability for an offline
   client to resynchronize with the server.

--
You win again, gravity!