Re: HP all-in-one PSC 1110 USB

John Summerfield <debian@ComputerDatasafe.com.au> writes:

> Also, were I to acquire one of these HP all-in-one devices (and I have been
> considering it), I would most assuredly go straight to Sarge.
>
> According to email I got from HP recently, this project supports all current
> and near-future devices BUT woody is just too ancient.

OK. Then I have to wait for Sarge (or go back to SuSE 8.1).

But one question remains:
why is woody just too ancient? When I use the latest sources from hpoj AND the
latest sources of the required libusb AND the recent printer.o is capable to
drive the printer AND all the sources compiled without errors AND installation
went smooth: WHY shouldn't it work?

Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Zocher  http://www.wolfgang-zocher.privat.t-online.de/
Registered Linux User #337888 using Debian GNU/Linux

97.025% of statistics are wrong