Re: How Do I Get the Java Plugin To Work with Firefox and Mozilla?

On 03 Aug 2004, Kent West wrote:
> Alejandro Matos wrote:
>
> >>I've installed Java and made a symlink in
> >>/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins to where javaplugin.so is located
> >>

> >Which folder? i think there is 2 folders inside "plugins"...
> >
> >Saludos
> >
> >Alejandro
> >

> Also, what are the permissions on the Java folder/file?
>
> Also, where'd you get Java? how'd you install it?
>
> --
> Kent

Have a look at http://mozilla.weebeastie.net/java.shtml

Very useful site which explains things clearl.

Note that, for firefox (not sure about mozilla) the link needs to go in
/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so.

For the current version of firefox you need to link to the
ns610-gcc32 version.

Anthony

--
ac@acampbell.org.uk    ||  http://www.acampbell.org.uk
using Linux GNU/Debian ||  for book reviews, electronic