Re: Woody and HP DL320G2

begin  quotation of Adrian Bolzan on 2004-08-03 12:54:52 +1000:

> - On-board NICs, given on the HP site as "Two NC7760 PCI Gigabit Server
> Adapters (embedded)"

You'll need to select the 'tg3' module.

> Will woody with the standard bf2.4 kernel detect the NIC's and RAID
> controller?
> Will I need to compile my own kernel to do this?

Standard bf2.4 can handle the NICs; I haven't used the ATA RAID on
this model and can't comment.

> Or, should I try to use Sarge?

The current release timeline calls for security updates to start the
8th of this month and for it to be released in early-to-mid
September.  I don't know if that affects your planning.