Re: install reboots, optiplex gx1

Replying to me is like sendimg me spam. Stay on the list.

Steven Jones wrote:

I have used these quite a bit on Redhat and Debian, with hundred's of days uptime.

You will probably find, if it has a 3com network card "its odd" and wont work with Linux, something in the Dell bios. I ended up installing a 8139c.

OTOH I've had no bother at all. I use the 3c59x driver.

Otherwise I have found them rock steady, the PSU's do go dodgy, it might be yours is Donald Ducked.

Probably, people from outside the Commonwealth don't ken that one.:-)

More politely, "borked."

--

Cheers
John