Re: Networking Problem - yup

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Jonathan Barnes wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, I was wondering what a good way of subnetting my networks
> would be.. What would be be advisable for someone with a DMZ and a LAN, and
> another LAN inside the first LAN

"better" or "good way" will depend on who you ask

if it's my toyz...

	dmz === outside dns, outside web, outside smtp, outside blah

	486-based boxes for firewall ...
	1 or 2 or 3 or more servers on the dmz for each protocol

             isp-ip#               10.1.2.yy
--- internet ----- fw or not ---  outside boxes ( dmz )

                    | 10.1.2.x
               stricter fw rules

                    | 192.168.1.x
                inside lan
( inside dns, inside development web, inside blah, ecomm database )
( and backup everything on the ouside ... push it out.. never pull )

leave your outside boxes for them to play with
and assume it will be [h/cr]acked and be glad
they don't come poking around your inside lan

c ya
alvin