Re: Debianised Firewall

Paul Gear wrote:

Sam Halliday wrote:

hi there,

i am quite familiar with setting up iptables rules in an initscript, or via
iptables-{restore,save}. i could easily set up my own initscript to do
this, but i was wondering what the correct "debian way" of setting up an
iptables firewall is. is there a file where i should place my rules and let
debian do the rest?

Debian supports shorewall, a great iptables preprocessor - get a recent
version from backports.org, and you're laughin'!

:-) Especially when your rules are too tight.

The other day I didn't cut myself off from the laptop I connected from, but I couldn't ping anything.

Paul has some supplementary tools on his website that might be useful: I've not actually looked at them though.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait