Re: Debianised Firewall

Paul Gear wrote:
> Sam Halliday wrote:
> >i am quite familiar with setting up iptables rules in an initscript, or
> >via iptables-{restore,save}. i could easily set up my own initscript to
> >do this, but i was wondering what the correct "debian way" of setting up
> >an iptables firewall is. is there a file where i should place my rules
> >and let debian do the rest?
> >
> Debian supports shorewall, a great iptables preprocessor - get a recent
> version from backports.org, and you're laughin'!

cheers... but i do not need a way to generate rules; i already know how to do that. i just want to know if there is a standardised debian way of loading up a firewall on startup... like a file i need to dump my (customised) `iptables-save` output into. else i will just write my own initscript.

cheers,
Sam
--
Free High School Science Texts