Re: CUPS Still problem

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 06:00:33PM +0100, Arnaud Blanchard wrote:
} On Saturday 31 July 2004 17:52, Gregory Seidman wrote:
} > On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 05:22:26PM +0100, Arnaud Blanchard wrote:
} > } I use a printer in network but CUPS doesn't work. When I use the printer
} > } manager and choose CUPS I receive the error message:
} > }
} > } "Unable to retrieve the printer list. Error message received from
} > manager: } Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is
} > correctly } installed and running. Error: connection refused."
} > }
} > } In the bottom of the window, I can see: "Connected to localhost: 631"
} >
} > This means that the server does not have permissions set correctly for
} > other machines to use its print queues. Look in the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
} > file on the server toward the end, where you should find some <Location
} > lines. You need to make sure that /printers allows connections from
} > other machines.
}
} I have non file :  /etc/cups/cupsd.conf but only /etc/cups/client.conf
} with this content
[...]
} When I boot on Windows I can print without problem !

You're going to have to give me more information. How are your printers
connected? How did you set up printing on the machine you are trying to
print from? What other computers are involved and what are they running?

} Thanks again
} Nono
--Greg