Re: CUPS Problem

On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 05:22:26PM +0100, Arnaud Blanchard wrote:
} I use a printer in network but CUPS doesn't work. When I use the printer
} manager and choose CUPS I receive the error message:
}
} "Unable to retrieve the printer list. Error message received from manager:
} Connection to CUPS server failed. Check that the CUPS server is correctly
} installed and running. Error: connection refused."
}
} In the bottom of the window, I can see: "Connected to localhost: 631"

This means that the server does not have permissions set correctly for
other machines to use its print queues. Look in the /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
file on the server toward the end, where you should find some <Location
lines. You need to make sure that /printers allows connections from
other machines.

} Thank you !
--Greg