Re: Networking Problem

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004, Jonathan Barnes wrote:

> my Debian Box. eg: The Firewall can ping my Debian Box, but my Debian
> Box can't ping the firewall.

It's sounds like IP forwarding isn't working.  Take down the interface
that uses 10.1.1.1 and then try to ping the firewall.  What happens?

What is the output when you run "cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" ?
If you get a zero, execute "echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" bring
up the 10.1.1.1 interface and try things then.  Let us know what happens.

--
Matt Perry | matt at primefactor dot com