Re: script/app to compile statistics about disk usage?

Alvin Oga wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, John Summerfield wrote:

When I get desperate,as root I do things like this:
du --max-depth 2 -m | sort -n | sort

not fair ... that's the same answer i was gonna post, but you
beat me cause i was home eating and watching Jay leno
Whoever Jay is.

	though i'd just have used sort +1 instead of 2 sorts

The second sort's a swipe * past error, and ruins the result. I acutally tested with this:
Dolphin:/var# du --max-depth 2 -m | sort -n
1       ./autofs
1       ./autofs/misc
etc.

Ah, I remember. I meant to tail it: