script/app to compile statistics about disk usage?

Before I reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd see if there's already something
cooked up.  What I want to do is look at my disks and gather statistics about
what is eating the most space.  Where the biggest files are, which
directories are the largest, etc.  I'm running out of room, and I'm sure I
must have gigabytes of stupid junk laying around, but I'm not sure where I
left all of it.

I figure there's probably some find $dir -[syntax] to pick out files over some
specified size, and I could do things with find|xargs du|sort|grep|gawk to
pick out the heavyweight directories, but it would be nifty if there's
already some handy dandy utility I haven't discovered that does this kind of
thing already.

Assuming such a thing doesn't already exist, does anyone else thing some kind
of handy dandy disk analyzer/reporter flummy to compile and report statistics
of this nature would be worth doing in a pretty way?  This almost seems
worthy of becoming a hack add-on to KDiskFree or something.  (Yeah, like I
have time for any more projects.)

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/