Re: Howto make root commands available to any user

On Thu, 2004-07-29 at 15:20, Otto Wyss wrote:
> I want to setup a desktop system where the current user can do anything
> he needs and that means also commands like halt (since he started the
> system he should be able to stop it). There are many more such commands
> but halt is rather typical. Such a user may never know the root password
> since he should not be able to install software etc.
>
> It seems Linux isn't though as a desktop system (a system used by a
> single ordinary user). Otherwise I can't explain why there isn't a
> useful security concept and a fitting setup script available. I need
> this concept for my desktop project, therefore I'm asking for
> alternatives.

You should really look at either Linspire or Lycoris. These are truly
designed to be one ordinary user or a few ordinary users on a machine.

They are nice, but I don;t want to go back to years of futzing with
systems setup like Windows.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is