Re: Help Installing / Upgrading Cron

----- Original Message -----
From: "Aaron B" <kantai@GameBox.net>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 10:19 PM
Subject: Help Installing / Upgrading Cron

Hi all. I've recently had problems installing / upgrading cron from
apt-get. It seemed to be a problem with not being able to
find /usr/bin/crontab while upgrading - so I removed cron, and then
attempted to install it. Here is the output:

[root@localhost]! apt-get install cron
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Suggested packages:
  anacron logrotate checksecurity
Recommended packages:
  exim4 postfix mail-transport-agent
  cron
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/34.6kB of archives.
After unpacking 217kB of additional disk space will be used.
Selecting previously deselected package cron.
(Reading database ... 103249 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking cron (from .../cron_3.0pl1-84_i386.deb) ...
Setting up cron (3.0pl1-84) ...
chgrp: cannot access `/usr/bin/crontab': No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing cron (--configure):
 cron

Thanks in advance for any help. I hope I don't lose too much sleep over
this.

SAME HERE (Sid)