Re: Howto make root commands available to any user

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Otto Wyss wrote:

> On my desktop system I'd like to make certain commands requiring root
> (i.e. halt) available to ordinary users. What choices do are there?
>
> Are there already any script which makes a desktop linux system more
> user friendly?

click the login gui ...
	- it allows anybody to shutdown/halt/reboot

- if those commands are not executable ...
	- fix your /etc/sudoers file
	( add the priviledged commands you want jane to run
	( and she still uses command line or the gui to shutdown

- 3-finger salute should always work from any console for anybody

- anybody that hits the power or reset switch should be shot on the spot
  :-)

c ya
alvin