Re: Howto make root commands available to any user
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Otto Wyss wrote:
> On my desktop system I'd like to make certain commands requiring root
> (i.e. halt) available to ordinary users. What choices do are there?
> Are there already any script which makes a desktop linux system more
> user friendly?
click the login gui ...
- it allows anybody to shutdown/halt/reboot
- if those commands are not executable ...
- fix your /etc/sudoers file
( add the priviledged commands you want jane to run
( and she still uses command line or the gui to shutdown
- 3-finger salute should always work from any console for anybody
- anybody that hits the power or reset switch should be shot on the spot