Re: How to set time

On Wed 28 July 2004 19:55, Alvin Oga wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 Sherylm400@aol.com wrote:
> > Please tell me how to set the correct time for my computer, I live
> > in Opelousas, La. Thank You very much
>
> look at the clock ... adjust for your time zone
>

> if it's 16:53 ( 4:53pm ) use:
>
> 	root#  date 07281653
>
> to update the bios
>
> 	root#  hwclock --systohc
>
> reboot and test that time is set correctly ..

Considering that the user is (1) on AOL and (2) using a Windows mailer
(AOL it looks like) I have my doubts that the above is much help...

On a related note, what's with all these AOL users asking about removing
AOL art files?

--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

If you've lost something, you had to lose it, not loose it.