Re: repeated entries in /var/log/messages...

On Wed, 2004-07-28 at 22:11, Mario Flores wrote:
> Hi:
>
> Since day 1 I installed debian, I see the following in the
> /var/log/messages:
>
> Jul 28 21:01:08 woody -- MARK --
> Jul 28 21:21:08 woody -- MARK --
> Jul 28 21:41:08 woody -- MARK --
>
> and they repeat every single hour at the exact same intervals. Does
> anyone know what they mean and how can I stop them?

Yes, they mean that the Logging Daemons are running properly. And it
would not be a good idea to stop them. Every 20 minutes... and you are
complaining... that means 3 lines and hours.

I'd be glad if I only had 3 lines an hour in MY logs.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux