RE: repeated entries in /var/log/messages...

It means your log gets time stamped, personally I like it. Makes it a bit more difficult for someone to chop out parts of the log to hide things and shows the daemon is running, its not unknown for syslog to stop working.

regards

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Flores [mailto:marioflores@verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, 29 July 2004 2:12 p.m.
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: repeated entries in /var/log/messages...

Hi:

Since day 1 I installed debian, I see the following in the
/var/log/messages:

Jul 28 21:01:08 woody -- MARK --
Jul 28 21:21:08 woody -- MARK --
Jul 28 21:41:08 woody -- MARK --

and they repeat every single hour at the exact same intervals. Does
anyone know what they mean and how can I stop them?

I am running the stable release (woody).

Thanks,

Mario.