discover ignores skip line?

Hi,

I am using discover to do hw detection at boot time.
I use the default configuration as devised by the sarge
beta 4 installer, but added a line

skip rivafb

to /etc/discover.conf

The problem is rivafb gets loaded at boot time despite the skip line.
rivafb.ko prevents nvidia.ko from loading properly which
in turn prevents X from starting. Quite annoying ;)

Of course I can rename /lib/modules/.../rivafb.ko but that is not really
a clean solution.

In case it matters I have a default binary Debian kernel 2.6.7 and
I am running sid dist-upgraded to the most recent packages.

Can anyone shine his/her light on this problem?

Thanks.